Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm a Precinct Captain for Obama

I've been mulling over my choices ever since Edwards dropped out of the race and tonight I finally decided. I had gone to a Benton County Democrats Caucus Training session (in preparation for this Saturday's Caucus in Washington) this past Saturday and heard there of an informational meeting being held tonight in Richland featuring someone from Obama's national headquarters. So I went and joined with about 70+ other citizens in the Tri-Cities to hear his presentation.

I was impressed. First, I was impressed that so many showed up (including two people I knew...one of Allison's friends from another high school and Jason's 7th Grade Science teacher). Then I was impressed that he took the time to have each and every one of us introduce ourselves and tell briefly why we were there. Obama's campaign is every bit as inclusive as they say. I was impressed at their organization and the simplicity of it. And, because I had put so much into Edwards' campaign with nothing to show for it now, I found it easy at the end of the meeting to commit to the candidate who comes closest to Edwards. I volunteered to be a Precinct Captain so that, once Super Tuesday is over and things are all tied up between Hillary and Barack, we can help start the wave of inevitability again for Obama by helping him with a decisive win in Washington on the 9th.

It's too late to go into all my reasons for supporting Obama now (Michael's trying to sleep and I need to sign off), but I promise a lengthier explanation tomorrow.

Maybe I'll end up as a delegate to the National Convention after all. We'll see.

No comments: