Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Real Difference

I haven't posted in months. I guess I needed a breather after Obama became the presumptive Democratic nominee...and, besides, I'm gearing up for the publication of my first novel (see www.tanyaparkermills.com if you're curious). But, seriously, I've grown sick and tired of the tit for tat going on between the McCain and Obama campaigns. This video clip of Obama in a recent town hall meeting in Ohio really says it all:

I'm sure I speak for Americans across the country--Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, etc.--when I say that it's high time for some civil debate and discourse. I'm ashamed that Obama hasn't agreed to at least a few joint town hall meetings with McCain. And I'm ashamed that McCain has resorted to his old "McNasty" self. We want to see both of these candidates acting presidential and that means showing they can not only control themselves, but also their staffs.

There's a funny video making the rounds right now, touting Paris Hilton for President. The funny thing is, she almost puts both McCain and Obama to shame. Now that says something about the current political climate.

No comments: